- Meet the Staff
- Make Mine Mississippi Program
- Cooperative Promotion
- Company Search
- Mississippi Market Maker
- International Trade
- Certified Farmers Markets
- Specialty Crop Block Grant Program
- GAP/GHP Certification Cost-Share Program
- National Organic Cost-Share Program
- Growing Lunch School Garden Program National Farm to School Week
Specialty Crop Block Grant Program
P.O. Box 1609
Jackson, MS 39215
The purpose of the Specialty Crop Block Grant Program (SCBGP) is to solely enhance the competitiveness of specialty crops.
The Specialty Crops Competitiveness Act of 2004 authorizes the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to make grants available to provide assistance for specialty crops. The Specialty Crop Block Grant Program is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture and authorized by the Farm, Food, and Jobs Bill (2014 Farm Bill). These grants are to be utilized by state departments of agriculture solely to enhance the competitiveness of specialty crops.
The FY2014 Request for Proposals is available to use as a reference. The completed application packets must be received by 5:00 p.m. on May 15, 2014.